To start off the “For Farts and Giggles” Category, I thought I’d start off with something that we all seem to be ashamed of, but aren’t really a big deal…we do it for farts and giggles: guilty pleasures
Like how Macklemore goes thrift shopping. That song is nothing like the songs that Macklemore performs. It’s there for farts and giggles.
Or like how Lizzie McGuire pretends to sing – that’s basically me.
When I say guilty pleasures, I definitely don’t mean sexually. It can be, but no. I’m referring to the things that you do that you’re ashamed of sharing with the world. Because it’s embarrassing. Because it’s what a five-year-old would do. Because you would be judged
Hell, yeah, I would be judged for just about all my guilty pleasures. But, honestly, the people who aren’t ashamed of these secrets end up being happy and not worrying about guarding the secrets instead of embracing them. Not accepting your “embarrassment” is a waste of time, because you’re too busy trying to make sure nobody figures it out.
But who cares if they figure it out?
Of course, you care. But, maybe we should try embracing these qualities of ourselves. And, the first step to anything is to admit to them.
In honor of embracing the embarrassment, I will start us off. And remember: you don’t have to give reasons why.
- I religiously watch “Glee”.
- When nobody’s in my room, I like to dance to mainstream pop songs, like “Super Bass”, and I use my hairbrush to pretend I’m singing into a microphone.
- Sometimes, I like to pretend that I’m a famous celebrity performing in a movie or on stage. Usually, I like to pretend that I’m the actual character and that my life is this big, fat romance novel.
- I go on YouTube and watch random Hannah Montana episodes when I have nothing else to do.
- Drama fuels my energy, but I hate its complexity. I enjoy listening to people gossip, but I hate having to deal with the aftermath.
- I like crappy young adult novels, like “Prom and Prejudice” and “Endless Summer”. They’re so bad, but they’re so easy to read. I can’t help it.
- When nobody’s around, I try on fancy dresses, curl my hair, and wear makeup and pretend that I’m the most beautiful person in the world.
Jeez. I hope no boy I like is reading this.
But at the same time, they might as well, right? Because what’s the point of dating someone if they don’t really know who you really are?
Yup, this crazy chic writing this blog. Haha. I don’t need you, boys.
What do you think? Are you willing to come out and share your guilty pleasures with me and your friends?